"Pour moi la musique c'est le moyen de briser la solitude" (Lhasa de Sela)
sabato 3 aprile 2010
Duke Ellington - Live at The Hurricane - 1944 - feat. Al Hibbler
1) PERDIDO (Tizol - Ellington) 2) DO NOTHIN' TILL YOU HEAR FROM ME (Ellington - Russell) 3) MY GAL SAL (Dresser) 4) NOW I KNOW (Arlen - Koehler)
5) JUMPIN' PUNKINS (Mercer Ellington) 6) POINCIANA (Liso - Simon) 7) IT DON'T MEAN A THING (Ellington - Mills)
8) CLEMENTINE (Strayhorn) 9) SOMEONE (Ellington)
10) G.I. JIVE (Mercer) 11) THREE CENT STOMP (Ellington) 12) JOHNNY COME LATELY (Strayhorn) 13) BLUE SKIES (Berlin) 14) SENTIMENTAL LADY (Ellington - Russell)
15) MIDRIFF (Strayhorn)
16) MAIN STEM (Ellington) 17) MY LITTLE BROWN BOOK (Strayhorn)
18) TOO MUCH IN LOVE (Gannon - Kent) 19) MOOD TO BE WOOOED (Hodges - Ellington)
Duke Ellington and his Orchestra:
Rex Stewart, Shelton Hemphill (trumpet) Taft Jordan (trumpet, vocals on 7) Ray Nance (trumpet, violin, vocals on 7) Joe Nanton, Lawrence Brown, Claude Jones (trombone) Johnny Hodges, Otto Hardwicke (alto sax) Jimmy Hamilton (tenor sax, clarinet) Skippy Williams (tenor sax from 1 to 7) Al Sears (tenor sax from 8 to 19) Harry Carney (baritone sax) Duke Ellington (piano) Junior Raglin (bass) Sonny Greer (drums) Al Hibbler (vocals on 2 and 17)
New York, The Hurricane, from May, 6 to June, 4 1944
from a "not for sale" cd originally attached to the italian magazine "MUSICA JAZZ" (MJCD 1124)
All files are actually active for download. If you find any of them deleted, please, leave a comment or e-mail meand I'llre-upload. Thank you.
This blog is merely to share ROIOs (recordings of indeterminate origin) and out-of-print records. However, if you're an artist (or a legal representative of an artist) and you don't want your ROIOs shared freely among your fans here, please post a comment or send me an email and the recording in question will be taken down!